American Heart | Basic Life Support
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Length: Approx 4.5 Hours
Audience: Medical Personnel / Employment Required Certification
Credentialed: YES - Provider Card Valid for 2 years from the date of completion.
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
Class Registration and Cancellation Policy
Registration and payment: Registration requires valid name and email address in order to issue provider cards, if applicable, to the course participants. Payment is due at the time of registration.
Cancellation: You may cancel and receive a full refund of payment if you do so greater than 48 hours from the class start time. Cancelations made under 48 hours and no-shows will not be issued a refund. Registrations made within 48 hours of class start time are considered final do not qualify for a refund.
AHA Provider cards: Upon completion of American Heart Association BLS and Heartsaver classes you will receive a provider card issued by the American Heart Association valid for 2 years from the date of completion. Provider cards are issued via email only. In order to receive a provider card you must meet all mandatory course completion criteria; including passing written and skills exam. Failure to meet course completion criteria will not grant you a provider card or refund of payment.