Heartcode Basic Life Support | Blended Learning Online Course
BLS is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. HeartCode BLS is the AHA’s blended learning delivery method for the BLS Course. Blended learning is a combination of eLearning (online portion), in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner, followed by a hands-on session. HeartCode BLS includes 8 modules, 4 eSimulations, and two video tutorials.
Minimum technical requirements are available at eLearning.Heart.org.
Format: Blended Learning
- Online portion: 1 to 2 hours depending on student.
- Skills portion: 1 to 2 hours depending on student.
Audience: Medical Personnel / Employment Required Certification
Credentialed: YES - Provider Card valid for 2 years from the date of completion.
Cost: Online Course is $40 / Skills Session is $40
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
- Upon purchasing you will receive a link to the online course within 1 to 2 business days.
- To receive a BLS provider card you must successfully pass both the online course and skill session. Upon completion of the online course you must schedule your skills session with a BLS instructor.
To schedule your skills session email us at email@example.com.